ANNEXURE I – RULES AND REGULATIONS
- BVFF Short Film Contest is part of the Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival and is open ONLY to residents of India.
- BVFF Short Film Contest is open to any films fulfilling any of the following criteria-
- Director(s) from Northeast India
- Featuring stories/topics related to Northeast India
- The film starring actor(s) from Northeast India
- The minimum age limit to participate in BVFF Short Film Contest 2019 is 21 years.
- Maximum length of the short film is 10 minutes only including credits.
- Short Films (“Films”) that have been produced between October 2018 and June 2019 shall alone be eligible for participation in the c
- All films that are submitted must be screened in their original language with English subtitles wherever applicable.
- Submission fee for each entrant will be INR 1000 which is non-refundable.
- Films previously submitted to the BVFF Short Film Contest are NOT eligible. Winners from past two editions of BVFF Short Film Contest cannot apply.
- Organizers are entitled to use any of the entries/films and content thereof including posters, images, clips etc. for publicity and promotional purposes across media in connection with the festival.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Organizers will be entitled to retain the submitted videos for all purposes in connection with BVFF Short Film Contest 2019 and BVFF 2019.
- The films/entries submitted by participants must constitute original work and not be an infringement ofany other copyrighted work/s and further do not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights including the moral rights, privacy and publicity rights of any third party. None of the Intellectual Property Rights associated with the films including those in literary, musical and artistic works should have been assigned/licensed to any person, firm or corporation.
- Participants/Producers of the films alone shall be liable for any claims, actions, damages etc. arising out of films including literary work, artistic and musical work associated therewith, to the extent thatthese assert a claim for slander, defamation, infringement or misuse of any proprietary rights, piracy, plagiarism, idea misappropriation or invasion of rights of privacy or publicity and that the organizers shall not be liablein any manner for any such claims, actions, liability, damage, suits, costs and expenses whatsoever arising out of such films. Producers/Participants agree to indemnify the organizers in the event of any third party claims in this regard.
- No requests by Participants/Producers for private screenings to selection committee members will be entertained. All entries/films must be submitted directly to the organizers only in the manner as detailed herein.
- Once a film has been selected/shortlisted it cannot be withdrawn from the contest.
- During the entire duration of BVFF Short Film Contest 2019 and BVFF 2019, the shortlisted films shall not be screened at any other film festival or forum other than BVFF 2019.
- Last date for submission of entries is 30th June 2019.
- Entries can be submitted online at www.bvff.in or offline in DVD format to the following address:
Tattva Creations Pvt. Ltd., Saraswati Market, 2nd Floor, Above SBI Six Mile Branch, Six Mile, GS Road, Guwahati 781022, Assam.
- The announcement of the winners and the prize distribution will happen at the Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival 2019 in Guwahati post the festival.
- The top 15 entries of BVFF Short Film Contest 2019 shall not raise any objection to screening of the films at any of the club or film festival screenings. The top participants shall make themselves available for various initiatives undertaken by the organizers in connection with the contest at the appointed date, time and place as mentioned by the organizers.
- The Top 3 Winners of BVFF Short Film Contest 2019 shall not raise any objection to screening of their films on any of the OTT platforms or any other portal which is owned by the Organizer.
- Awards will be given to the Director of the winning films.
- The cost of shipping an entry to the contest must be paid by the entrant.
- Decision of the management and jury will be final and non-challengeable.
- All disputes shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Guwahati.
- Tattva Creations will also have access to the distribution of Top 15 shortlisted films.
- Tattva Creations reserves the right for the short films distribution.
The Participants must agree to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the Contest.